W-MCP7-1.066 Clipping from the Niagara Falls Review
Mar 23 1946
To: T.B. McQuesten.
From: C.E. Kaumeyer. From the Desk of C.E. Kaumeyer
These Articles and this Brief may be of interest to you.
To Mr. McQuesten
Upper Park states
From the Niagara Falls Review
This border, mecca for tourists will flourish as never before when the annual tourist run commences to stream across the Niagara River into Canada, this summer, in the opinon of Maxim T. Gray, general manager of the Niagara Parks Commission.
Elaborate preparations to handle the great rush of traffic are now in full swing throughout the Parks system. A 200-car parking area will be constructed in the vicinity of the Horseshoe falls and the kitchen facilities at the Queenston Heights Retaurant will be doubled to serve more meals and handle more people. Reservations for dinner parties, picnics, wedding receptions and other functions are pouring into the park offices, daily, indicating the biggest year in the history [sic] is in the offing.
Mr. Gray annouced that the Glen Restaurant and the picnic facilites at Queenston Heights Park will be opened to the public on May 5th. The Queenston Heights Restaurant and the Parks Restaurant in Queen Victoria Park will be opened on May 24th. Arthur Brown arrived from spending the winter in Toronto to again take charge of the Queenston Retaurant. Mr Bain will continue at the Park Restaurant, Alex Campbell who has been in charge at Niagara Glen for the past two years will supervise the Glen Restaurant and the Clifton Gate House. S.E. Alberton will take charge of Table Rock House on April 15th, succeeding Bert Pew who has resigned after twenty-one years service. A new floor has been laid in the Park Restaurant and the sitting room in the Commissioners' quarters has been renovated and re-decorated. The centre partition has been removed and the walls have been decorated in pale green.