- Home - A brief overview of the site.
- Search - a searchable database of the more than 2500 letters, essays, newspaper articles, photographs, and sermons can be searched by by date, keyword, subject, creator, and document type.
- Family - biographical information of family members and an extended genealogy chart
- Photographs - approximately 200 images pertaining to the McQuesten family and their world
- Thesis - biographical and theoretical essays on the McQuestens and lifewriting by Mary Anderson based on her PhD thesis, The Lifewritings of Mary Baker McQuesten (1849-1934): Victorian Matriarch of Whitehern
- Timelines - chronological lists of events in the McQuesten family and corresponding historical events of national and international interest
- Sitemap - this site; explanations and abbreviations
- Whitehern - Whitehern location, museum contact information
- Credits - site creators, acknowledgements
Standardization and Technical Aspects
The Whitehern Museum Archives site allows public users to search the letters written by the McQuesten family, documents related to the McQuesten family, and the thesis essay written by Mary Anderson. Information about the family, a timeline of events, and related photographs are also available to anyone through the web.
The documents on this site are driven by a web-based MSSQL database. The site has been coded using PHP 4.x and HTML and holds XHTML standards where possible. The site is maintained through a web application available only locally from the Hamilton Public Library to members of the Whitehern team. This application is used for administration purposes to add and edit letters and documents as more are digitized.
The searchable documents in this website's database generate Dublin Core Metadata. All other static pages are within compliance with W3C XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2 standards.